Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Small issue

I am perplexed, and this time, I want to ask for advice. It is said that one should listen to the older people because their appearance on Earth happened many years before ours, therefore they have more experience. I can't say no to that, because it surely is true. Sometimes, when something goes wrong, I regret not listening to my parents' advices. In other occasions, I feel some type of relief knowing that I listen to them. But I think this idea sometimes underestimates our ideas and opinions (I speak on behalf of the young people). There are times when I know I am right and my parents don't believe me so, and sometimes My beliefs oppose to theirs, and they feel offended by this from time to time. I want to find a way to talk to them without causing any problems, and for them to not just hear me but also listen to me when I know I'm right. Any advice?

1 comment:

Zummo said...

Growing up I had this problem too. To be honost, 99% of all parents are extremely ignorant to accepting being wrong according to their child. The only way to convince a parent otherwise is to show them with hard proof. The internet is full of statistics thoughts. There is nothing better than proving a parent incorrect....Nothing.